If you want to have its portable version, then you have to create it yourself. It is easy, though. Just a few clicks to get it done. The only tool you need to make it happens is the program itself.
Note: Updated on February 11, 2015 to reflect changes on Advanced SystemCare 8.1
How to create Advanced SystemCare portable
- Download the installer of Advanced SystemCare (ASC) free edition from the developer’s site or Softpedia.
- Install the program and launch it once the installation is completed.
- The first screen you will see is an introductory screen. Skip it by clicking on the Close (X) button.
- Click on “Toolbox”
- Click “Show More Tools” in Toolbox window.
- Click ASC Portable Version
- Before clicking the “Generate” button to create the portable edition, you can optionally change the default path. The output will be saved to Desktop by default.
- Click the button Generate
- Open the file location. It is saved as a zip file under the name of “ASC_Portable.zip” so you have to extract the content first to use the application.
- After extraction, click “ASC.exe” to run the application.
That’s it. That’s the whole process of making Advanced SystemCare portable. Now you can run the application anytime and anywhere from your USB drive. You can also get rid of the installed ASC from your hard drive and use only the portable if you want to. Honestly, I have no idea why the developer doesn’t simply provide the download link of the portable edition on their download page. It is indeed easy to create one yourself but it would certainly be much easier if users can just download and use it right away. Even so, thanks for providing us this great program as a freeware and this portable generator tool within the package, IObit.