Doesn’t feel like pressing Ctrl + W to close current tab or right-clicking on a tab to open its context-menu so that you can close other tabs in Firefox? How about double-clicking? Or middle-clicking?
TMP, stands for Tab Mix Plus, makes it possible. But if you want another option, scroll down the page.
TAB MIX PLUS
With TMP, you can double-clicking or middle-clicking on a tab to close:
- Current tab
- Other tabs
- All tabs
- Tabs from similar domain
- Left or Right tabs
Download and install TMP from Firefox add-on repository.
Restart browser after the installation.
Here is how to enable the options.
To close tabs by double-clicking
- Open the browser’s Add-ons Manager
- Select the Extensions panel
- Find Tab Mix Plus and click its Options button
- Select Mouse
- Select Mouse Clicking
- Click the drop-down bar of on a tab in double-click section
- Scroll until you find the options and choose which action that will happen when you double-click on a tab.
- Press Apply to save the change.
- Press Close to close TMP’s Options window.
To close tabs by middle-clicking
- Repeat steps 1-5 above.
- Select Middle-click tab.
- Click the drop-down bar of on a tab
- Scroll until you find the options and choose which action that will happen when you middle-click on a tab.
- Press Apply and Close.
Close Other Tabs By Double-Click 1.4 (restartless): Close other tabs by double-clicking the one you want to keep.
Double Click Closes Tab 0.27 enhances both double-clicking and middle-clicking by providing options to close tab by:
- Double-click, middle-click, double middle-clicks, double right-clicks, tripple-clicks, tripple right-clicks inside page
- Double-click, double right-clicks, tripple-clicks, tripple right-clicks on a tab
Reminder : You don’t need any extension if you simply want to close current tab by middle-clicking. Firefox already has this feature by default.