Like it or not, while there are tons of awesome video channels on YouTube, there are also a great number of unwanted videos. The worse part is, some videos just seem to keep appearing everywhere. They are in your recommended channels, related videos and search result. So, how to block these videos?
YouTube provides the option to block users that you can find in the About page of the users but it doesn’t work anymore.
I spent a lot of time trying to block a number of channels repeatedly to no avail. I even made a clean Firefox profile but it still didn’t work.
Thankfully, there is this YouTube Plus add-on available for both Firefox and Google Chrome.
YouTube Plus has a feature to blacklist YouTube authors to block those annoying videos easily without having to sign in to your account.
How to block video channels on YouTube
- After installing the add-on, open YouTube.
- Move your mouse over the thumbnail of an unwanted video.
- Click on the X button that appear on the video. The video will disappear instantly.
How to unblock
- Click YouTube Plus settings icon on the top right corner.
- Select Blacklist.
- Move your mouse over the channel that you want to unblock and click on the X button that appears.