After successfully upgrading your system to Windows 10 or performing a clean install, the next important thing to do is to check if your Windows 10 is already activated automatically. There are a number of ways to do this, from using the Cortana search box to using command prompt.
Cortana Search Box
- Type activate in the search box
- Click See if Windows is activated
- Press Windows+Pause buttons together to open the System window.
- Look at the bottom of the window. You should be able to find your Windows 10 activation status there.
- Click the Start button.
- Click Settings.
- Select Update & security.
- Select Activation.
- Click the Start button, type cmd, and press Enter.
- In the command prompt, type slmgr /xpr and press Enter. A small window should appear where you can see your Windows 10 activation state. If it says “The machine is permanently activated”, congratulation.