Unsatisfied with the built-in uninstaller provided by Windows? Some of you have probably installed Revo Uninstaller to replace it. It’s a great choice, but if you are open to another option, then this Wise Program Uninstaller will probably make you interested. Portable. Sleek. Fast.
Safe Uninstall and Forced Uninstall are provided for uninstalling a program. Most programs should be able to be removed using the former option, while the latter one is good for stubborn programs that cannot be uninstalled using the standard way.
After uninstalling a program, the uninstaller will search for leftovers automatically. The leftovers that are found are displayed so that users can decide which ones to be removed.
A warning message is displayed when you choose to use the feature, saying that you should use it only when the Safe Uninstall fails to do the task. It will search for files and registry items of the software once you click the Yes button.
- Right-clicking on a listed program opens up a context menu from which you can access its registry keys and perform a Google search.
- Aside from the Safe and Forced Uninstall options, there are other options such as Repair Programs and Remove Entries.
- Support multiple languages.
- On the right bottom of the user interface you can view the total numbers and size of the listed programs.
- A search box is provided which is pretty useful to find a certain program more quickly, especially if you have a long list of installed programs.
When I tried to compare it with the built-in uninstaller of Windows 7, it seems that Wise Program Uninstaller fails to detect ATI Catalyst Install Manager which is installed on my Windows.
Wise Program Uninstaller is a portable freeware developed to work with both 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2008 Server, 2003, and Windows 2000.
Tested version: 1.03
Download Wise Program Uninstaller from the developer’s website